One of my all-time favourite things about the cooler weather is all the delicious soups and bisques that can be enjoyed! And pumpkin or squash soups are definitely at the top of my list (along with lobster bisque)… This thick and hearty soup packs a flavourful and spice-filled punch - It is exactly what you need and it is sure to warm you from the inside-out! Try out this fall classic before the season comes to an end! The recipe is super simple and relatively quick, see below… Mmmm...
~ THE INGREDIENTS ~
Ingredients… You’ll need:
Soup (makes approximately 2-3 servings, double the ingredients to make 4-6 servings)
- 1 1/2 cups of E.D. Smith 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup of President’s Choice Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup of a sweet onion (chopped finely)
- 1-2 cloves of organic garlic (pressed)
- 1 tsp of Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Clubhouse Pumpkin Pie Spice
- organic extra virgin olive oil (to sauté onion and garlic)
- 1 cup of Grace Foods Coconut Milk
- organic dry roasted salted pumpkin seeds (for garnish, optional)
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish, optional)
*You’ll also need a large pot with lid, mixing bowl, whisk, spatula, measuring cup, garlic press, and Le Creuset pumpkin cocottes to serve.
Click the above images to shop Le Creuset mini cocottes from Hudson’s Bay
Directions: 1. Drizzle olive oil into the bottom of the pot, put on medium heat. Chop and finely dice half a cup of the sweet onion, add to the pot.
2. Cut garlic clove in half and using garlic press, press half the clove at a time then add it to the pot.
3. Sauté the onion and garlic together until golden brown then remove from heat temporarily.
Click the above image to shop the measuring cup from Hudson’s Bay
4. In a mixing bowl, combine one and a half cups of canned pure pumpkin, one teaspoon of organic sugar, half a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and one cup of organic vegetable broth.
5. Whisk until smooth, then add to the pot with the sauté onion and garlic. Return to heat, and bring to a boil.
6. Once brought to a rapid boil, reduce to low heat. Put the lid on the pot and let simmer for at least 30 minutes to marry the flavours, stirring occasionally.
Click the above image to shop Lagostina from Hudson’s Bay
7. After the 30 minutes is up, slowly pour in one cup of coconut milk into mixture. You may wish to use your whisk to ensure it is completely combined. Now remove from heat and ladle it into bowls to serve.
8. You may wish to garnish this dish with organic roasted pumpkin seeds and fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!
Click the above image to shop Le Creuset from Hudson’s Bay
Delicious! Oops… Looks like you drooled a little!
Until next time… Enjoy!