I don't know about you, but one of my all time favourite things about the warmer weather is eating and lounging on my balcony (along with patio-sitting). And some of the best types of foods to enjoy on a balcony/patio include seafood appetizers! ⚓️ I'm a huge fan of seafood apps and get them while patio-sitting every chance I get... Calamari, pan-seared scallops, sprimp cocktail, shrimp tempura and of course, crab cakes! Nom, nom, nom!
Now, no crab cake is complete without a refreshing aioli on the side, right? Check out my recipe below for a delicious dill aioli sauce to perfectly pair with either your homemade or store-bought crab cakes! The secret is Gay Lea's creamy, tangy sour cream... It makes the aioli silky smooth and decadent. Combine that with the refreshing fresh dill and the result is an aioli truly worthy of the rich flavoured crab cake. Try it for yourself... You're gonna love it!
Here's What You'll Need...
- 1/2 cup of lite mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of Gay Lea Sour Cream
- 2 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill (chopped)
- 2 tsp of organic lemon juice
- crab cakes
- fresh parsley (optional)
- lemon slices/wedges (optional)
- additional sides and/or garnishes of your choice
*You'll also need a small bowl, measuring cups and spatula
1. In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and stir together. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. After baking the crab cakes in the oven, plate and enjoy this tasty dish with whatever sides and/or garnishes you like, including the delicious dill aioli OF COURSE! #YUM
Interested in learning more about Gay Lea and their story? #BornOnTheFarm
Stay tuned for more posts...
Until next time… Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own. Product is available in Ontario only, at most major grocery stores (except No Frills and Walmart).