When I make a snack, I apply the “Go BIG, or go home!” philosophy. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for healthy snacks and healthy living, but every now and then you deserve a sugary, chocolate-dipped, candy-coated moment of weakness! So here’s a look at my preferred late night snack, the “Decadent Edition”… It involves dark chocolate, peanut butter-filled M&M'S®, carbonation and a colourful straw (among other things, of course)! I’m talking about buttery popcorn coated with dark chocolate drizzle and M&M’S® Peanut Butter, enjoyed with sparking cranberry-raspberry pop via the SodaStream® machine.
Now that your mouth is watering, see below...
~ THE POPCORN ~
Directions: 1. Pop the package of popcorn in the microwave. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper then sprinkle the popped popcorn on the cookie sheet and spread it out.
2. Add desired amount of pieces of dark chocolate to a microwavable dish and heat in approximately 30sec. increments at a time, checking and stirring the chocolate to ensure it is melting and not burning. Once chocolate is melted, using a spoon drizzle it over the popcorn on the cookie sheet.
3. Sprinkle the M&M’S® on top so that they stick to the melted chocolate.
4. Now place the cookie sheet in the fridge for approximately 20mins. until the chocolate has hardened. Add the popcorn to a bowl to serve.
~ THE POP ~
Directions: 1. Follow included SodaStream® instructions for initial setup. Fill the bottle with cold water to the fill line and add bottle to the machine, locking it into the docked position (do not over fill the bottle).
2. Press the button for desired amount of carbonation on the machine and wait until the carbonation process is complete before removing the bottle from the dock.
3. Fill lid from Cranberry-Raspberry syrup and add to the bottle of carbonated water. Swirl the bottle gently to mix in the syrup (do not shake). Pour, add paper straw and enjoy!
These AMAZING custom-made, scrabble-inspired GenerationYYZ® coasters are from TextAndTileWorks
I’m a HUGE fan of sparkling water/soda! And the pairing of the tart, cranberry sparkling soda with the sweet, rich dark chocolate and candy is perfection! FYI - You’ll need a napkin for your chocolate covered fingers… Nom, nom, nom!
Until next time… Enjoy!