Fall is my favourite time of year. I love the colours of the leaves, wearing fuzzy sweaters, layers and knee-high boots, and of course all things pumpkin! Since becoming lactose-intolerant I've had to source new ways to enjoy my favourite seasonal dishes, including pumpkin pie (as most pumpkin pie recipes call for condensed milk). Fortunately with Gay Lea's Real Coconut Whipped Cream I'm able to enjoy whipped cream atop any and all lactose-free pumpkin recipes I can find. Recently while at the grocery store, I came across a carton of pumpkin pancake mix, which made me think about how delicious pumpkin waffles would be! I mean who doesn't love waffles, right?! But many boxed or premixed products contain dairy (along with many other not so healthy ingredients) so I opted to make my own recipe. Here's how to make my "Pumpkin Pie Waffles" from scratch.
Here's What You'll Need...
(Makes 4 waffles)
- 1 1/4 cup of President's Choice organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of Bob's Red Mill baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground pink Himalayan salt
- 2 President's Choice large free-range organic eggs
- 1 tbsp of Simply Organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of Wholesome Sweeteners organic light brown sugar
- 1 cup of lactose-free cream
- 1 cup of E.D.Smith Pumpkin Pie Filling
- coconut oil cooking spray
- President's Choice Organics 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Gay Lea Real Coconut Whipped Cream
- *Optional - cinnamon/nutmeg (sprinkled on top)
Their newest & limited edition, Dark Chocolate Caramel Whipped Cream, adds decadence to any dessert!
1. In a medium-sized bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, light brown sugar and pink Himalayan salt), then mix together.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl (pumpkin pie filling, eggs, cream and vanilla extract), and whisk together.
3. Turn the waffle iron on, spray with coconut oil spray and pre-heat.
4. Add the batter to the waffle iron using a ladle and cook for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown.
Top with your favourite syrups, whipped cream and additional garnishes.
Trust me these waffles will change your life!
Happy Fall, friends!
Interested in learning more about Gay Lea and their story? #BornOnTheFarm
Until next time… Enjoy!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own. Product is available in Ontario only, at most major grocery stores (except No Frills and Walmart).